Github user davebshow commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/448

    To be honest, I think that we should move away from the `unittest`
framework in the future. I know that `pytest` allows for unittest integration,
but in general this is to facilitate the transition to `pytest` for large
projects that already use `unittest`. The main disadvantage of using both
frameworks is that many of the great features in `pytest` require more
boilerplate if we inherit from `unittest.TestCase`. The other problem is that
`unittest` requires that you learn the assertion API, whereas with `pytest` you
just use good old fashioned Python. I was going to open a JIRA about this, but
I haven't gotten around to it yet.

---
with INFRA.
---