It's been a while since we've had a release (October 2016) and given the
importance of the recent critical security fix from Groovy 2.4.8 I think
it's worth getting some new versions out there. I'm not sure what everyone
is working on or has concerns about, but after the PRs that are out there
for tp32 get merged (especially https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/541)
I don't really have anything else critical for those versions. Please call
out any issues that might be important for this release on this thread.

I don't think we should worry about doing a milestone release of 3.3.0 yet.
I'd like to see some more change go into that branch before we do that, but
if others feel differently and would like to offer an argument I'd be open
to the idea.

I propose we focus on a release of 3.1.6 and 3.2.4 in two weeks time with
the code freeze going into place at end of day friday of this week (January
27, 2017). If there are no objections in the next three days (Thursday,
January 26, 2017, 10:00am), let's assume lazy consensus and move forward
with that plan.

Assuming we do move forward with a release, are there any volunteers for
release manager?