Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/569

    yeah - that's an obvious truth @pluradj . Normally we wouldn't allow such a
change on `tp32` because it does immediately make people's code not compile if
they used that class in that way but this class is fairly internal. If someone
is using it they likely know what they are doing. @dpitera I tend to agree that
this is outside the scope of what would need to remain compatible. That said, I
think you will have to add an entry to the upgrade docs (i guess the user
section???) about this breaking change and just mention how they go about
fixing it (i.e. use the `DefaultGraphManager`). We'll probably also want to
send a quick email to the dev list to just alert everyone to a break to make
sure no one is buggin' about that. Finally, the JIRA issue will need the
"breaking" label added to it.

---
with INFRA.
---