Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/712

    Looks like traversal strategy classes have their own serialization
forms....................

    ```json
    {
        "@type": "g:Bytecode",
        "@value": {
                "source": [
                        ["withStrategies", {
                                "@type": "g:SubgraphStrategy",
                                "@value": {
                                        "vertices": {
                                                "@type": "g:Bytecode",
                                                "@value": {
                                                        "step": [
                                                                ["has", "name",
"marko"]
                                                        ]
                                                }
                                        }
                                }
                        }]
                ]
        }
    }
    ```

    I didn't know that. I guess the GraphSON spec in the IO docs (and testing
framework) is incomplete. :rage1:

---