Hi,
Now that the JavaScript GLV has been merged, it will be nice to have an
official pre-release (RC / beta) on the npm package manager as soon as
possible to allow users to start giving it a try.

The package name identifier in the package.json is currently
gremlin-javascript <https://www.npmjs.com/package/gremlin-javascript>,
which is under the tinkerpop organization created by Stephen:
https://www.npmjs.com/org/tinkerpop
npm orgs are a nice feature as it let's you handle the team members that
can be collaborators (publish versions).

Jean-Baptiste offered
<https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/695#issuecomment-358482362> to
transfer ownership of gremlin <https://www.npmjs.com/package/gremlin>
package to TinkerPop, so we can publish the GLV under that package name. My
only concern would be to break the functionality for current users, as the
existent package has 3K downloads per month. I would prefer to include a
message on the gremlin package explaining the difference with
gremlin-javascript (or recommending the GLV for future development), but I
don't feel strongly either way.

Cheers,
Jorge