Github user spmallette commented on the issue:

    https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/pull/867

    I tend to agree with @jorgebay unless there is some high risk of something
breaking in the template packaging (as i understand it we need nuget so that we
can do `nuget pack`) on release day when we actually execute the `deploy`
phase. If it fails on release day that would be really bad because we'd already
have a positive closed VOTE thread and we would already be half of the other
artifacts would have already been deployed.

    If @FlorianHockmann can explain why there is sufficient risk for failure
during `nuget pack` perhaps we can agree to make that process a documented
"Pre-flight Check" step of the release process that is triggered manually with
`mvn clean install -Dnuget`. That way we can test it ahead of VOTE and not have
it be part of the regular build process.

---