One of the common requests from customers and users of TinkerPop is to add
support for geographic based searches (TINKERPOP-2558
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2558>). In fact many
TinkerPop enabled database vendors such as DataStax Graph and JanusGraph
have added custom predicates and libraries to handle this request. As a
query language framework it would make sense for TinkerPop to adopt a
common geo-predicate framework to provide standardization across providers
and to support this as part of the TinkerPop ecosystem.

In consultation with some others on the project we have put together a
proposed scheme for supporting this in TinkerPop which I have documented in
a gist here:
https://gist.github.com/bechbd/70f4ce5a537d331929ea01634b1fbaa2

Interested in hearing others thoughts?

Dave