Hi Dave,

I think something like this is a very good idea, and these look like useful
primitives. IMO when it comes to geospatial queries, the devil is in the
details. For example, at some point we'll have someone asking for
double-precision lat/lon points (GPS is not that accurate, but some
applications use computed/simulated points, or combine GPS data with local
position). Polygons are sometimes defined as having "holes", etc. It may be
worthwhile to take some direction from OGC standards like GeoSPARQL.

Just an initial $0.02. Ideally, the extension would be simple for
developers to use and understand (as this is), while also being somewhat
future-proof and playing well with standards.

Josh