Hi Florian,

Thank you for putting together the draft report. I think it looks good. I
just wanted to add a couple of items for the Project Activity section,
which included links that would mess up the original order, so I just
copied the whole draft in to edit. Feel free to edit it further.

Cheers,

Yang

------------------------------

Apache TinkerPop is a graph computing framework for both graph
databases(OLTP) and graph analytic systems (OLAP).

## Issues:

There are no issues requiring board attention.

## Membership Data:

Community changes, past quarter:

- Yang Xia was added to the PMC on 2023-03-15

- Ken Hu was added as committer on 2023-02-27

## Project Activity:

TinkerPop released versions 3.5.5 and 3.6.2 in the last quarter. These
releases were mostly maintenance releases. One noteworthy improvement in
these
releases is how the Java gremlin-driver deals with temporarily unavailable
hosts to make the driver much more resilient to intermittent network
failures.

Unfortunately, these releases introduced some pain points for users. One
being the gremlin-python aiohttp dependency version too restrict:
TINKERPOP-2810 [1], which has been resolved in a gremlin-python
3.6.3rc1/3.5.6rc1 release.

Another is a new bug that prevents some .NET users from upgrading:
TINKERPOP-2918. [2] A fix for this problem was already provided by
contributor Daniel C. Weber and we plan to publish a release candidate of
our .NET library Gremlin.Net with this fix shortly.

We continue the maintenance work on 3.5.x/3.6.x. A notable achievement by
Ken Hu was to resolve a long standing performance issue with the Groovy
dependency: TINKERPOP-2526 [3], which drastically improved gremlin-console
performance, as well as the length of time for documentation generation.
This fix also enabled the Groovy 4 upgrade in 3.7.0.

We are also continuing our work on the upcoming major release 3.7.0. One
noteworthy improvement that was implemented in the past quarter is a change
in how elements are returned by default. Until now, we only return those
elements without their properties in most cases which has been confusing to
users. This will be changed in 3.7.0 where such elements, like vertices or
edges, are returned with their properties by default.[4] Users will of
course still be able to configure a different behavior if they want to.

### Releases:

3.5.5 was released on 2023-01-16.

3.6.2 was released on 2023-01-16.

## Community Health:

As already mentioned in the last board report, we have created a YouTube
channel for TinkerPop to host recordings of our live events.[5] We have
additionally created a Twitch channel [6] where we now host our live events
to make it easier for interested users to join them as no account is needed
for that like it was for Discord where we held our events previously. We
already had four different events on Twitch in the last quarter for which
recordings are now available on the YouTube channel:

* TinkerPop Wide: G.V() 2023 Roadmap with Q&A - Presenter: Arthur Bigeard -
lead developer of G.V()

* Contributorcast: Apache TinkerPop 3.5.5/3.6.2 Post-Release Review -
Presenter: Yang Xia, Valentyn Kahamlyk, Cole Greer, and Ken Hu

* TinkerPop Wide: Back to the Future - Time Travelling with Gremlin in
ChronoGraph - Presenter:  Martin Häusler - author of ChronoGraph

* TinkerPop Wide: New Features of Amazon Neptune 1.2.1.0 - Presenter:
Kelvin Lawrence, Dave Bechberger, and Stephen Mallette

We have also established some guidelines to host these events / upload
videos. These guidelines will be part of our official documentation with
the next release but they can already be found in our git repository: [7].

## Links

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2810

[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2918

[3]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2526

[4]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TINKERPOP-2824

[5]: https://www.youtube.com/@apachetinkerpop

[6]: https://www.twitch.tv/apachetinkerpop

[7]:
https://github.com/apache/tinkerpop/blob/master/docs/src/dev/developer/for-c
ommitters.asciidoc#media-content-submission