On 1/10/06, Mark Thomas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Remy Maucherat wrote:
> > Jacob Hookom wrote:
> >> I've been rolling this code base into JSP 2.1 within a local sandbox,
> >> but I still have questions about the particulars of the overal project
> >> packaging for Tomcat 6.
> >
> > Very good :)
> > Personally, I still would like to "start slow" and for now create a tree
> > or something only inside the jasper module.
>
> Based on this, I propose the following changes to svn.
>
> copy /tomcat/jasper/tc5.5.x/ to /tomcat/jasper/tc6.0.x/
> create /tomcat/jasper/tags/tc6.0.x/
>
> Eventually, /tomcat/jasper/tc5.5.x/ will move to
> /tomcat/jasper/branches/tc5.5.x/ but I think this move should take
> place when all of the tc5.5.x modules are moved to
> modulename/branches/ and the full tc6.0.x modules are created.
>
> Commits to /tomcat/jasper/tc5.5.x/ will have to be merged with
> /tomcat/jasper/tags/tc6.0.x/
>
> If I don't get any -1's in the next 72 hours, I'll make the changes
> set out above.

What about:

1. create tomcat/tomcat6.0

2. mkdir tomcat/tomcat6.0/jasper

Or even better:

2. mkdir tomcat/tomcat6.0/java/org/apache/tomcat/jasper

You can do all the work on jasper in the tomcat6.0 svn module, and
maybe in time other components will move here as well.

The build.xml changes for this case will be the same with what you
propose, you still need to get jasper from a different place when
building tomcat6.0, etc.

Costin