Kevin McCormack wrote:
> Possible Fix?
> ==========
> I looked through the Tomcat 5.5.12 source code and ended up in the
> org.apache.catalina.authentication.FormAuthenticator class and noticed
> that there is no code there to save the request parameters from the
> original request into the saved request in the saveRequest() mehtod
> and to copy them into the final 'new' request in the restoreRequest()
> method. Am I missing something here?
Yep, lines 478 to 490 of the current version of FormAuthenticator

> Conclusion
> ========
> I believe that this is a bug and that I have found a fix for it but
> I'm not a Tomcat expert and would like someone who knows the code to
> verify that a) this is a bug and b) that it has not been fixed
> somewhere else that I am unaware of. I'm willing to raise a bug and
> post the fixed code if desired.
This might be a bug but your fix is the wrong way to do it. You have
to assume a request parameter encoding and that causes i18n problems.

Is your setting of maxSavePostSize appropriate?

If you are convinced you have a bug, a test case (as simple as
possible ready to run war with all source code) will greatly increase
the chances that someone looks at it.