Yes!

I also thing we don't use maven2.

+1 to use ant

Peter

Am 28.02.2006 um 19:49 schrieb Bill Barker:

-----Original Message-----
From: Costin Manolache [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 10:24 AM
To: Tomcat Developers List
Subject: Re: Tomcat 6 source organisation

On 2/28/06, Peter Rossbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We can have maven2 dependency management without use maven2
complete.

see. http://maven.apache.org/ant-tasks.html

We've had some problems with the <m2 /> tasks over in Gump-land.

I have no problem with using maven or similar tasks for downloading
the deps, if they
can provide the same functionality with our build hacks, or at least
use them for the simple
cases.

I'm not sure that Maven could handle the current tomcat-dbcp task well, and
I don't really see a use-case for a mixed dependency management system
myself.

I'm just -1 on using a framework that forces a particular way to do
things ( nothing personal
with maven, same -1 for any other framework :-). I know people have
religious ideas about
right and wrong, and frameworks is an expression of this - I just hope
I won't see this in tomcat...

Also my personal opinion. Also, Gump doesn't currently support Maven2, so
we'd loose Gump by going to Maven2 (which, some people might think is
a-good-thing :).

It may be good to look at what other options exists for download and
pick one that is easy to use and fits well - maven might be the best
or not, that's one benefit of picking components and tools instead of
'they know better' frameworks.

Costin

I thing maven is good for standard prepare/compile/test,
but is heavy
to use with spezial things like the current tomcat release build. I
have heard that some "go back to ant" discussion start at the
jetspeed project.

Peter