Costin Manolache wrote:
You could easily remove them from your tree.
Do you have any valid reason to no longer have the files ? I remember
for 4.x people felt they were usefull. I'm not sure 'I can't ignore
them easily' or 'I don't need them' is a real -1 reason. ( and by
'I'll remove them from the tree' I assume you meant either your own
tree or a -1 ).

I don't care that much about them - I have to ignore them as well if I
make any change, like adding the sandbox. So if anybody else feels
they should be removed, I'll do so.

I am not happy:
- it's an ad for a specific IDE (that I happen to use, but do not particularly like unless someone explains to me why a workspace with TC 5.5, jbossweb (more or less similar to TC 6), and TC 6 causes Eclipse to take 3 minutes to display the main window, and then think it must recompile everything and takes 8 more minutes doing that - thankfully, the coding capabilities are still unparalleled in the free IDEs, so I didn't dump it yet) - I do not see much benefit, given the only meaningful dependency is on commons-logging - you did not commit files with proper line endings, so I get annoying Unix line endings on Windows, please be more careful about that - your configuration leads to polluting the classes folder with Eclipse's class output (I will allow your file to remain if your accept that I change this)

Rémy