Reinhard Moosauer wrote:

Ok. But you can kill the webapp with the amok-thread. So we will not have a break every 3 requests. (the thread can be tracked down to the failing webapp. Send a mail with the thread-stack-dump)

You can't really kill a thread in Java. We used to have a joke at a previous job that the only safe way to kill a thread in Java is System.exit(0).

And as I recall, while the javadocs for Thread.stop() detail some of the reasons, there is much more badness possible than even what it states.

-Paul