I tested it with jamvm+classpath on NSLU2, should run fine on zaurus as well.

Startup time is a bit slow, and memory use is a bit high - but it
works reasonably
well.

I would suggest the sandbox version for this :-).

The main problem on PDAs is the flash access speed, which is much
smaller than HDD,
so size of the jar and number of classes loaded matters a lot.

Costin