Costin Manolache wrote:
Maybe create a modules/ under tomcat6 - with the definition 'stuff that can
be
released independently, and may support older versions of tomcat as well'
Or just 'can be released independently'.

Hmm, I'm not very much in favor of that.
If the 'module' is mature enough it commit frequency
will be much lower then the rest of the project,
and thats it. IMHO TC6 should be maintained as an
entity. We can have multiple builds of course;
light, medium, full, etc.. but the code should be
once and for all in the common tree.
It would require more responsibility from all the
commiters, not to break other commiters code, but
at the and of the day we should be OK with that.

Regards,
Mladen.