Mladen Turk wrote:

You see how desperate I am when writing this on Sunday :)

Was it too hot on the sea side?

Anyhow, we are pretty close to the new JK release that I
hope will be the most usable and stable whatsoever.

The things we agreed so many times before, but having
obviously too little resources to actually create are
the 1.3 branch (aka JK3) and the AJP protocol stuff.

Now there is the problem with that. Henri even created
a AJP1.4 protocol enhancements with all that login,
discovery etc... (never implement but thats another story).
Although we got close to the AJP 1.4 protocol conclusion
last year, nowadays all that looks strange to me.
All those things might be implemented, but IMHO only
as a AJP1.5 protocol.

What every protocol has it the detection of the version of its partner, we have to add it. We also need to write a state diagram of the protocol: something if the webserver sends bli applicationserver (TC) will answer bla, next state is state_1 if not next state is state_2. That is easy the existing protocol and that will help to see how to improve it.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

What we desperately need right now are 3 things:
1. Allowing to have +8K headers
2. Allowing to have +0x9999 single header limit
3. Mechanism to tell the Tomcat to gracefully close
   the connection.

Now, the number 3 is very easy. A simple message
like we have for SHUTDOW, but instead shutting down
the entire Tomcat instance, closing down the socket/channel.

OTOH first two are little bit tricky :)
I have some ideas:
1. Larger headers can be treated as we handle the POST data.
   If there are more headers then 8K, then a servlet container
   should send GIVE_ME_MORE_HEADERS message.
2. If the single header is larger then 39321 bytes, then it
   should be send as POST data, with servlet container requesting
   8K packets. Those headers would be treated as multiple POST
   sequences, after the initial header(s) packet(s) have been
   read and before the actual POST data is read.

Any comments?

Regards,
Mladen.