William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
Mladen Turk wrote:
Rainer Jung wrote:
Hi Mladen,

would you mind putting it on

http://tomcat.apache.org/dev/dist/

first?

Nope. There is no version/platform directory
structure inside.

Uhm - then create one?  /dev/dist/ has the distinction of containing
anything any RM wants to create.  www.apache.org has the distinction
of containing only apache.org released code.

I'm happy to see tomcat picked the /dev/dist/ tree to distinguish
the candidates!  Binaries have got to obey the same process as source.

Actually, deserves further clarification... IF 1.2.17 is moved to www.
then all is well, the person who rolls the binaries chooses if they want
folks to test it first in /dev/dist/, or they are putting it straight
into the www. tree.  E.g., after major changes to the windows installer,
even with a released package, I'll drop these to /dev/dist/ and ask folks
to check out the installer changes before they get swept up by the mirrors
and widely used.

IF 1.2.17 sources aren't at www. then, well, the binaries don't belong
there either.

Bill