On 13/09/2015 19:02, Rémy Maucherat wrote:

>> Yilong,
>>
>> You need to be subscribed to the dev list in order to post to it.
>>
>> On 13/09/2015 14:08, Yilong Li wrote:
>>> Hi Mark,
>>>
>>> On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 4:08 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org
>>> <mailto:ma...@apache.org>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     Please do not add any more RV-Predict bug reports to Bugzilla until
>> the
>>>     current set have been evaluated. To be honest it would have been
>> better
>>>     if you had paused after adding 58367-58379.
>>>

>>> I am going to stop here because these are all the bugs reported by
>>> RV-Predict in one run of the entire test suite.
>>
>> OK. Lets resolve these and then see where we stand.
>>

> As far as I am concerned, I would prefer batch closing these "issues"
> nobody ever had.

That is very tempting.

Looking at the articles by the folks that are the experts in the field
(i.e. the authors of JSR-133) it looks like the issues raised are valid
- even if we don't see then very often / at all. Despite that, I'd be a
lot happier with a clearer explanation of what can go wrong and why/how.

On the plus side, the issues I've looked at so far have provided
opportunities for clean-up in trunk.

I'm hoping (but haven't look at all of them yet) that at least one of
these reports is going to identify the root cause of one of those hard
to reproduce / hard to track down concurrency issues.