On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 1:12 AM, Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> The proposed Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M1 release is now available for voting.
>
> This is the first milestone release for the 9.0.x branch. It should be
> noted that, as a milestone release:
> - Servlet 4.0 is not finalised
> - The EGs have not started work on JSP 2.4, EL 3.1 or WebSocket 1.2/2.0
>
> The major changes compared to the 8.0.x branch are:
> - Requires Java 8
> - BIO, Comet and Windows Itanium support have been removed
> - Support for TLS virtual hosting, ALPN, HTTP/2 and OpenSSL with
>   NIO/NIO2 has been added
> - Lots of internal refactoring to support the above changes
>
> For full details, see the changelog:
> http://svn.us.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcat/trunk/webapps/docs/changelog.xml
>
> It can be obtained from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomcat/tomcat-9/v9.0.0.M1/
> The Maven staging repo is:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomcat-1054/
> The svn tag is:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomcattags/TOMCAT_9_0_0_M1/
>
> The proposed 9.0.0.M1 release is:
> [ ] Broken - do not release
> [ X ] Alpha - go ahead and release as 9.0.0.M1

Environment: Ubuntu 15.10, Firefox 42.0, Google Chrome 46

Tested:
- Apache Wicket WebSocket demo application (uses JSR 356 web sockets) with
HTTP2.
- Apache Wicket examples application

The only problem I faced was with Wicket-Atmosphere integration (Atmosphere
ver. 2.2.8):

1)
ERROR - AtmosphereFramework        - AtmosphereFramework exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: A filter or servlet of the current chain
does not support asynchronous operations.
at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.startAsync(Request.java:1571)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.startAsync(RequestFacade.java:1037)
at
org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereRequest.startAsync(AtmosphereRequest.java:723)
at
org.atmosphere.container.Servlet30CometSupport.suspend(Servlet30CometSupport.java:93)
at
org.atmosphere.container.Servlet30CometSupport.service(Servlet30CometSupport.java:68)
at
org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereFramework.doCometSupport(AtmosphereFramework.java:2078)
at org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereServlet.doPost(AtmosphereServlet.java:198)

Is it a good idea (and possible) to print which filter or servlet is not
properly configured? For better debug info.

2)
java.lang.NullPointerException
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getServletContext(Request.java:1559)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.Request.getContextPath(Request.java:1894)
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.RequestFacade.getContextPath(RequestFacade.java:783)
at
org.atmosphere.cpr.AtmosphereRequest.getContextPath(AtmosphereRequest.java:359)
at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequestWrapper.getContextPath(HttpServletRequestWrapper.java:150)
at org.apache.wicket.atmosphere.EventBus$2.getContextPath(EventBus.java:473)
at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.ServletWebRequest.getContextRelativeUrl(ServletWebRequest.java:184)
at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.ServletWebRequest.<init>(ServletWebRequest.java:112)
at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.ServletWebRequest.<init>(ServletWebRequest.java:82)

I believe this issue has been discussed before. Either here or in
Atmosphere forums.