On 20/05/2016 12:23, Martin Grigorov wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I guess your question is related to
> http://markmail.org/message/kw4erakv272hsy3o where someone else already
> told you about JavaCC.
> AFAIK JavaCC is the only tool used by Tomcat that generates classes.

Martin is correct.

Note: There was a brief time where we looked at using a JavaCC based
parser for HTTP headers but the performance was poor.

> The number of classes depends on the parser rules so it could be N today
> and M tomorrow.

Indeed. It is unlikely to change in any given major version once there
is a stable release since the El specification won't change but
occasionally, bug fixes do change the parser rules.

> Just grep the sources for this header and use the returned number.

+1.

Mark