From: Matthew Bellew [mailto:matth...@labkey.com]
> Subject: Re: Same request object passed to two threads

This should be on the users' mailing list, not dev.

> Just realized that in the case above, I couldn't have hit the quoted code,
> since neither call to AuthFilter.doFilter() had returned.

> I can build and debug Tomcat, so any advice would be very welcome.

Debug your webapp, not Tomcat.  In pretty much 100% of these cases, the logic
in a servlet or filter of the webapp is erroneously storing the reference to
the request object in a static, instance, or thread-local field, resulting in
the wrong request object being used by another thread or later in the current
thread.

You might try setting org.apache.catalina.connector.RECYCLE_FACADES to see if
it catches the problem.
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-8.5-doc/config/systemprops.html#Security

 - Chuck

attachments from all computers.