Fernando Nasser wrote:
And we have the same problem on JPackage, and as consequence on Red Hat, Fedora, Suse, Mandriva....

I wonder if the magic could not be done by having the original commons-dhcp JAR as input and doing some manipulation on it to move the classes to the desired package at tomcat build time...

Normally, it's difficult to do. You can easily patch Tomcat to have it use the regular commons-dbcp by default (it's a constant), but it will have the usual drawbacks (you will expose a bunch of JARs to webapps).

Rémy