Henri Gomez schrieb:
> Why not just extends current jkstatus ?

Mapping rules are kept process local. They are only shared, because the
first process generates them and afterwards all other processes inherit
them during fork.

To make the rules manageable via jkstatus (everyone wants that, me too;
it's a much bigger task) we need to do two things:

- use shared memory at least to exchange information about changes to
maping rules, so that the process that handles the jkstatus request is
able to distribute the changes.

- also we need to think about virtual hosts: mapping rules are per
virtual host. At the moment, if you call jkstatus, you will only see the
rules defined for the virtual host, which you called with jkstatus. If
you want to have a central administration point, jkstatus must go
through all vhosts starting from the main server to produce the list,
and if you change something it might need to change it in a vhost that's
different from the vhost, the request runs in.

This is no argument, that it is very hard to make these changes. It's
simply not in scope for the next release, which should get ready in very
few days, because we had a couple of nice bug fixes since 1.2.19.

Regards,

Rainer