On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 6:45 AM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 26/02/2019 13:54, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> > On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 1:33 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> >> All,
> >>
> >> https://github.com/apache/tomcat
> >>
> >> is now ready for testing.
> >><snip/>
> >
> > That looks quite good :)

+1.  Looks good to me.

> > Should we plan to all work with PRs for large changes ?
>
> That sounds like a better way of doing what we have done in the past
> with large proposed patches.

+1

> I've just discovered that the Eclipse IDE does not support Git
> worktrees. I'm not sure how much of a nuisance that is going to turn out
> to be. IntelliJ IDEA does support worktrees and JetBrains offer open
> source licenses so I've applied for one. I'm not sure the benefit of
> worktree support is going to be worth the pain of switching IDEs. I
> guess I'll find out...

I find IntelliJ to be much superior to Eclipse.  JetBrains does offer
license which is very generous of them, but I find that for Java (IDEA, as
opposed to some of their other products) even the free, community edition,
is more than sufficient and possibly also lighter than the Ultimate edition.

Igal