On 1/5/07, Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I'll add this patch in, that's not a problem, we've already identified
Thank you.

So if you are integrating TC6, I hope you are not doing it the same way
they did TC5.5, we've received complaints about that integration,
about the fact that server.xml is completely redundant but much more
complex and less documented in the GBean format.

I was going to, if I had time, simple have tomcat embedded but in such a
way that configuration files remained the same, even in an embedded version.
Is this where your head is at too?

The initial goal is to replace TC5 with TC6 as-is.  However, I agree
that Geronimo's  current approach of replicating the Tomcat settings
from server.xml as gbean attributes has caused some confusion for
experienced Tomcat users trying to port their applications to
Geronimo.  Taking this approach has some advantages, though, such as
the ability to expose Tomcat attributes via the Geronimo kernel
through inversion of control.  We can probably come up with a better
alternative if we move this discussion to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and it would
be timely as well since Geronimo is moving towards xbean.

Best wishes,
Paul