Le 06/04/2020 à 18:33, Mark Thomas a écrit :

> OK. But that is still 7.2k of classes rather than 2.4k of classes for
> zero benefit.
>
> I'll withdraw my -1 because we are approaching the point where the
> differences aren't worth the time spent discussing them but I still
> don't like this change.

I've removed the duplicated Apache license in the shaded jar, so the
difference is now near zero.

I agree this change is trivial and doesn't bring significant changes.
Apache Commons was created to share and reuse common code used at the
ASF, I always feel a bit sad when the code produced there isn't reused.

> And the relocation of the dependencies? At the moment, I only see a
> downside (harder debugging). What is the benefit?

Relocating embedded dependencies is a best practice to prevent classpath
conflicts. If the tools ends up being integrated in a bigger software it
could clash with another version of BCEL on the classpath.

Emmanuel Bourg