Hi all,

It looks like at least one of the specs Tomcat implements, Servlets, is
going to have at least one release between Jakarta EE 9 / Servlet 5.0 /
Tomcat 10.0 and Jakarta EE 10/ Servlet 6.0 / Tomcat 10.1

The current plan is for Servlet 5.1 to add same site cookie
configuration and pick up any other low hanging fruit (mostly clean-up &
clarification) from the issues list.

I'm currently trying to figure out what this means in terms of Tomcat
releases. It may be that other specs do something similar. If enough
specs do that, it may turn into a relatively quick Jakarta EE 10.

My current thinking is treat such releases the way we used to treat
maintenance releases of the specs. That would mean updating Tomcat to
the 5.1 release once available but not change in major or minor version.
Another way of looking at it is that Tomcat 10.0.x will support the
latest released version of Servlet 5.x and Tomcat 10.1.x will support
the latest released version of Servlet 6.x.

Thoughts?