On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 3:47 PM Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 11/02/2021 14:39, Rémy Maucherat wrote:

> >> Thanks. That was one of my working theories. It is helpful to have it
> >> confirmed.
> >>
> >> I have spent some more time on this today without success. As far as I
> >> can tell, I have converted every reference to javax.inject to jakarta
> >> .inject but I am obviously missing something but I can't figure out
> >> what. I think I am going to leave this for now.
> >>
> >> I'll start on the 0.2.0 release shortly and then plan to think some more
> >> about integration of this tool with Tomcat 10.
> >>

> > +1 for the release.
> > If we're talking about its integration, I can help and/or do it.
>
> Thanks for the offer. I have the deployment approach about 95% complete
> ;). Maybe look at the runtime approach so we can compare?

I don't think the runtime option is a good plan for static resources. It
would be "ok" for classes which would avoid the JAR repackaging troubles,
however.

I'll add the ClassFileTransformer hook to ClassConverter before your
release, for experimentation with our WebappClassLoader. This won't convert
classloader resources though (URLClassLoader.getResourceAsStream).

Rémy