All,

Did the Apache Tomcat project ever officially announce an EOL date for Tomcat 5.0 and 4.x? Or for 3.x for that matter?

I was looking at the Wikipedia page for Tomcat and they didn't have EOL dates for anything before 6.0, so I filled-in the date for 5.5 but I can't find older EOL announcements.

This page https://tomcat.apache.org/whichversion.html contains links to the EOL announcements for 5.5, 6.0, 7.0, and 8.0.

I wonder if the project ever made any "official" EOL announcements for those versions, and whether or not anyone cares enough to make those announcements at this point, just for "posterity"? Not to fix the Wikipedia page, but more to have something official to point to to say "this version is officially unsupported by the vendor" just in case some dummy somewhere wants to say "we run the latest available version of Tomcat 4.1 from the vendor" and their product is therefore full of holes.

-chris