On 11/01/2023 20:15, Michael Osipov wrote:
Even if not, there is another problem with that: When you build with Java 17, that build cannot be reproduced on Java 11 or 8 because class file content will be different.

Experience in the Tomcat project says otherwise.

We can already reproduce builds across platforms. The current Tomcat builds are reproducible across Windows and Linux (and I suspect MacOS although I haven't tested that recently).

We also know the only blocker to cross-Java version builds is the MANIFEST.MF content. The class files are identical.