Remy Maucherat wrote:
Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
attached is an example patch using weak references that would solve this problem,
I'd like to get thoughts on this patch, please comment

if the attachment doesn't make it
http://people.apache.org/~fhanik/mem-leak-diff.patch

For sure it's not the right way to do it (the right way being unregistering the appropriate management artifacts when the associated resources are released - if it's not possible, then it means the design of the said resources is broken).
you're of course right, I think I simply need to get rid of the thread local cache, and use the processor cache instead. do you have any idea of the performance penalty? I'd probably use a ConcurrentLinkedQueue or something instead of synchronized{processorCache}

Filip

Rémy