Mladen Turk wrote:

> Don't understand your question.
> It was more then a week available for a developers review.
> The official stable is still 1.2.21 until 1.2.22 gets votes or not,
> in which case we'll go for 1.2.23.
> So what's the problem?

How many times will I repeat to this list that until something has
three affirmative votes from PMC members and more affirmative than
negative votes, it is not a release from the ASF.  And (this might
be new to you) anything on www.apache.org/dist/ is official.

This primarily protects you - it's your ass (your tarball) until
the foundation adopts YOUR tarball as the ASF's release.  Ratifying
your tarball makes it no longer yours.  So any legal fallout was
just owned by the ASF.  If you want be an RM, or at least play one
at an ASF project, let the ASF cover your ass and wait for a vote
before hanging yourself out to dry.

Look, if it comes up again, I simply won't post here.  I'll just
point to the archives of the previous warnings/instructions and ask
Infra to turn off some group bits as appropriate.  The very few,
very specific rules were spelled out on THIS dev list at least three
times in twelve months.  What's the disconnect?

Bill