[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Rearrange configure.in, such that in case we
got with-apxs we detect CC from apxs and warn,
if the CC environment variable differs.

Is this really needed?
I mean having that the apxs wouldn't work for
any custom module thought.

I think that instead fixing other people mistakes
(here I mean the package producers) we should only
give our users 'howto' instead trying to fix whatever
(in this example Debian maker of httpd) fault might be.
If we start doing that, then we can forget libtool at all.

What I have read about the subject the reason for the
patch is because of platform or libtool.
I wonder if on that platform any apxs command can be done.
If not, and if it's cause either because of platform or
libtool bug we should not try to maintain out patches
just to address those issues. I'm sure the user
community will address those problems to the originators
of the bugs itself.

That's why, -1 on anything trying to 'patch' the
misbehavior of the documented tools for any platform.

Regards,
Mladen