Mark,

On 2/5/24 11:39, Mark Thomas wrote:

I'm +1 to markt's suggestions for these releases, except maybe we should leave 8.5.x with tcnative 1.2.x. I wouldn't want to break the last few releases of 8.5.x for anybody.

I think the chances of breakage are low as:
- this is a fork from 1.2.x with the OpenSSL < 1.1.1 support removed
- I'm testing the result with the 9.0.x unit tests (including the
   APR/Native connector) on multiple operating systems

It is always possible that I broke something in an edge case but:
- there is plenty of time to release a fix for 1.3.x before 8.5.x
   reaches EOL
- updating to a new Tomcat Native is very simple even if an issue
   emerges after the last 8.5.x release
- 1.3.x releases are likely to continue for the lifetime of 9.0.x which
   is probably another 3 years

My current thinking is that I will switch 8.5.x to Tomcat Native 1.3.x as it means one less Tomcat Native release.

I was thinking we'd just let 8.5.x ride on it current tcnative release. We only have, what... 2 more 8.5.x releases in total?

-chris