Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
Santosh [ಸಂತೋಷ ] wrote:
If any help required in these, please let me know. I am ready to contribute.

On 8/7/07, Santosh [ಸಂತೋಷ ] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
1. Few more properties in "logging.properties" to LogHandler other than
directory, prefix, suffix, level, filter, formatter. Like,
prefix for level, suffix for level, level display (For Ex : Instead
of INFO, it must be possible to display "I"), timestamp display format

Example.
levelprefix = [
levelsuffix = ]
leveldisplay = INFO:I, ERROR:E
timestamp = dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm:ss

This will help to reduce the log file size.

2. Admin webapp since its not ported on tomcat 6.
If you want to make this one work, I would start from scratch.
There is no reason why the admin tool, whose only goal is to modify server.xml has to interact or introspect a running tomcat instance. Instead, what would be nice, is if the configuration reference contained enough information and in an appropriate format that the admin tool would introspect that XML and use the info as a base for the admin tool. since the configuration reference documentation could contain data type, valid values, name and description, it would be the ideal data source to fetch info for.

just a thought, however, the existing admin app, suffers from the chicken or the egg problem, I need a running tomcat to configure a tomcat :)

Filip
the point of the above would be, that if I added a new attribute to say the StandardContext object, and I documented it, it would automatically get picked up by the admin tool, as the admin tool uses the documentation as source for configuration options.

Filip