My trusted information sources concerning i5/OS (yes, such exist :) ) tell me, that it's quite common out there to not support R3 any more.

On the other hand: if we really get enough benefit from dropping support during 1.2 now and not for the next major version, is unclear to me. This mainly is concerning you, because you are the one who maintains that part.

I think it's obvious, that we should drop the V3 support for anything beyond 1.2.x, I'm not so sure about dropping it near the end of 1.2.x.

Maybe we can let all those defines for 1.2.x in there, but include docs information, that we don't test any longer against V3 (use on your own risk) and only fully support V4.

Regards,

Rainer

Henri Gomez wrote:
Hi to all,

We want to clean up a little the mod_jk code defines specific to
i5/OS, and plan to make V5R4 OS as a minimum requirement.

Since all i5 systems are now in V5R4 I couldn't test or build for V5R3
and previous release.

Did there is i5/OS users with V5R3 and previous release ?