Hi,

We need to file the board report by next week for a board
meeting on September 19th.

Here is my draft, so please fill in the gaps, since it's my
first one :)

Thanks,
Mladen

Apache Tomcat Board Report, September 2007

Summary
--------------
The project continues to be active on a number of fronts.  There are
no issues requiring Board attention at this time.

Releases
-------------
We cut a number of releases incorporating all our active branches.

Tomcat 5.5.25 is going to be released in few days.

Tomcat 6, the current production branch, had one releases this past
quarter: 6.0.14, which is the latest stable Tomcat at this time.

Finally, the Tomcat connectors, mainly mod_jk, has a couple of
releases as well: 1.2.24 and 1.2.25. However we had to revoke
the 1.2.24 release because of serious regression that sliped trough
the testing phase.

Security
------------
The Tomcat security site (http://tomcat.apache.org/security.html) has
been getting more love and attention.  It now contains the vast
majority of known issues and fixes for all Tomcat branches.

We've been working closely with security issue reports and the Apache
Security committee on quickly replying to issues, resolving them, and
coordinating public disclosures.

There exist few open security issues at the moment.  The fixes
are already in SVN, and most of them are already incorporated with
6.0.14 and 5.5.25 releases.

Development
There is ongoing discussion about the purpose of the current code
inside Tomcat 6 trunk, and the majority of developers have agreed
to put the trunk into the sandbox.

Community