On Thu, Oct 1, 2026 at 11:43 AM Mark Thomas <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> On 30/09/2026 22:51, Rémy Maucherat wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 30, 2026 at 7:29 PM Mark Thomas <[email protected]> wrote:
> >>
> >> On 30/09/2026 12:59, Mark Thomas wrote:
> >>> All,
> >>>
> >>> I am currently leaning towards starting the usual release preparation
> >>> (i18n, updates, PRs, BZ etc) tomorrow with the aim of tagging early
> >>> (Monday) next week.
> >>>
> >>> Thoughts?
> >>
> >> Just running through the version updates. Do we want to release an
> >> updated migration tool? If we start that ASAP it should be ready in time
> >> for the tag early next week.
> >
> > I know the conference schedule is in the way. I would have preferred
> > to put all the changes from code review (we get more and more PRs and
> > reports that are actually in it), but ok, there's about 400 so not
> > enough time. I'll have one last batch for the catalina.ha packages,
> > then that's it for now.
>
> OK. If things go very well, there might be time for a few more batches
> before Monday. I'll keep the thread updated.

I'm not a big fan of last minute patches unless it's very important,
so I'll pass. I'll make sure I complete all the fixes from code review
for the next release, since the process is good enough (for me at
least).

> > Let's release the migration tool some other time, there's no urgent
> > fix so no need to try to squeeze it in just before a release.
>
> There is already a plan for a Native release later this month. Given
> that releasing the migration tool is relatively quick, I might do that
> today anyway. If it is ready in time for the tag great. If not, it is
> one less thing to do later.
>
> Still to do before I tag:
> - review your changes for o.a.c.filters onwards
> - i18n updates
> - open BZ issues
> - review PRs
> - a handful of $dayjob issues
> - run the test suites

+1

> Hmm. Looking at it now it is all written down, that is quite a bit.
> Maybe I'm being optimistic to think we'll be able to complete a few more
> batches from the code review.

Rémy

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to