Mladen Turk wrote:
> William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
>> Hey folks,
>>
>> as you provide the bindings to the JSSE, even though you don't
>> ship the JSSE .jars - we still need Tomcat in compliance with the
>> federal export notification policies.  I know you did some work on
>> this in the past, but please see
>>
>> http://www.apache.org/dev/crypto.html
>
> I suppose we would need the same for Native connectors
> that uses OpenSSL. Up till now we are using Irelands
> Heanet to host the binaries.
>
> Please advice what's needed to be done to get the ECCN numbers.

Read that page, please raise any questions that you have after you've
covered it.  You'll be glad to know once these notices are sent, you'll
never need to check in again about openssl for mod_jk, the native jni
connector or Tomcat+JSSE ever again.  Think of the summary page

  http://www.apache.org/licenses/exports/

as documentation that all the steps are done for a specific software
component, never to be repeated (whew!)

The document is obviously evolving (only a half-dozen committers have
followed the process yet, so we want to work out any wrinkles).  Please
point out problems :)

Bill