Sergey,

On Dec 1, 2007 8:24 AM, Sergey Vidyuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I've plan to write scripts that generate tomcat dependency for jars and
> classes and submit it to you.
> Can you explain how you would like to see it and who can help me with
> details about that task?

This entire list (dev@tomcat.apache.org) is open to you and we can
help you.  Please subscribe to the list by following the directions at
http://tomcat.apache.org/lists.html#tomcat-dev, if you haven't
already.

As for the format of the scripts and the resulting output: it's mostly
up to you.  We run all our scripts on Linux, and we use Ant for
building Tomcat.  So an Ant build.xml file that generates the
dependency graphs would be great.

Personally, I am a big fan of GraphViz (http://www.graphviz.org/) for
this sort of task.  I think it's a good candidate for three reasons.
First, it's free and easy to use.  Second, it's designed for and thus
it's excellent at displaying very large graphs with many dependencies.
 Third, it lets you separate the graph structure from the output.
That way your Ant script can just output the .dot file that GraphViz
takes as an input.

However, that's just one tool.  Like I said, the choice is yours.  If
you prefer another tool, that's fine.

Yoav