Tim Funk wrote:
But is name a string constant or is it built by using concatenation (via reading XML via digester or other)? If its the latter, then name is not a string constant.
that's a good point, one would expect most names to be pooled when it comes to implicit class loading, although as you say, not a guarantee. in findClassInternal, we do synchronized(this), so maybe we should not need to introduce another locking object, when we already have the instance itself.

Filip

-Tim

Filip Hanik - Dev Lists wrote:
if String objects are kept in a constants pool, then one would

                   synchronized (name) {
                       clazz = super.findClass(name);
                   }

to allow concurrent loading of different classes,