Costin Manolache wrote:
What's the current status of commons-logging versus juli/logging ? Do
we still need the dep ?
in 5.5 we still support commoons logging, in 6.0, no more unless you build the adapter from the extras package
Speaking of deps - I'm completely confused by tomcat-dbcp.jar - it
seems to break the build ( 'download' ) with JDK1.6, yet I can't find
that's because DBCP implements interfaces, and only implements the java.sql/javax.sql up to JDK 1.5.
any usage in the code - and just removing it doesn't seem to hurt in
any way.
it's being used, removing it would prolly upset some users, as the DBCP is the core for the tomcat connection pooling.
Am I missing something - the jar name is referenced if few
places, and there is a class name in Constants. I assume some JDBC
connector stuff would not work so well unless someone install the
package.

Costin