Costin Manolache wrote:
We already have eclipse files checked in AFAIK - that counts as the second
build system.
We used to have makefiles too, also in parallel with  ant (in 3.0 times).

The goal IMO is that people who like to type mvn can do it - without any
guarantee that
the result will be identical with the official release or will be maintained
long term, just like
isn't that the culprit, including a feature under the pretenses that it wont be maintained?

Filip

the eclipse project can run but it's quite different from the official
build.

If it's making easier for some people to build tomcat - and it doesn't
affect people who use
ant in any way - what's the harm ?

Costin