Remy Maucherat wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 15:53 +0100, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> It is in section 7.1.1 of the 3.0 early draft. It only applies to the
>> cookie name. Making the url parameter configurable would be non-spec
>> complaint but I don't see a good reason not to allow it if users have a
>> requirement for it.
>
> For starters, I am not aware of such a draft document :(
The draft is here:
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=315

I though you were on the Servlet EG or am I mistaken?

> I think per context would be a big problem for proxies, so I am against
> it. There's no need for a patch to state that, I think.
Certainly, if they were looking at the cookie to manage load-balancing or
similar then different values per context would make that configuration
more complex than it needs to be.

I would expect the few users that used this to set it on the default
Manager but I don't see the harm in having the option to do it per context
(with suitable warnings in the docs about proxies).