Remy Maucherat wrote:
On Wed, 2008-09-24 at 16:23 +0100, Mark Thomas wrote:
The draft is here:
http://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=315

I though you were on the Servlet EG or am I mistaken?

I was not aware of that file for whatever reason. I now remember the
language that was discussed, and I remember being in favor of it. It now
tolerates proprietary configuration of the cookie name, but does not
actually mandate or change anything.

I think per context would be a big problem for proxies, so I am against
it. There's no need for a patch to state that, I think.
Certainly, if they were looking at the cookie to manage load-balancing or
similar then different values per context would make that configuration
more complex than it needs to be.

I am -1 for per context configuration, +1 for global configuration (and
I know JF has a custom patch to do that, which I think also does the URL
parameter).

Against trunk: http://people.apache.org/~jfclere/patches/jsessionid.patch.

I need to check if that works against tc6.0.x

Cheers

Jean-frederic