2010/9/26 sebb <seb...@gmail.com>:
> On 26 September 2010 10:00, Tim Whittington <t...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Bah. Trying to convince Eclipse not to use tabs is proving tricky -
>> will be more vigilent..
>
> Hit me too amny times.
>
> The tabs setting for the XML editor is in a different place:
> Preferences / XML / XML Files / Editor / Indent using tabs/spaces.

BTW, there is Preferences / General / Editors / Text Editors / Show
whitespace characters
that applies to all Text editors there

2010/9/26 Ian Darwin <i...@darwinsys.com>:
> On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:00:29PM +1300, Tim Whittington wrote:
>> Bah. Trying to convince Eclipse not to use tabs is proving tricky -
>> will be more vigilent..
>
> Then, once you get it right, document it!
>
> I think most settings like that can be done at a project level or
> globally; if project level override is used, it gets saved in .settings,
> if you commit that, everybody who starts after that will get this setting.

I do not think that we should commit anything that is in ".settings".

I do not mind against "eclipse.settings" though,
so that one can rename/move that to ".settings". ;)

Best regards,