On 26/09/2010 19:57, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 26/09/2010 19:47, Wesley Acheson wrote:
>> Which is really nice. Its a big noise but its a big noise once.
>
> Which persists in the file's history making diffs that span the format
> change almost impossible to decipher. Small gradual changes is the
> approach the project has taken to date.

There's a lot of code in Tomcat that's been around for a long time.

There's a few places where cosmetic changes would help readability, and
plenty more when extensive/detailed commenting (by someone who
understands what that code intends to do, and actually does) would help.

I'd rather see that as a priority, than applying a common code style, in
the foreseeable.