On Sun, Sep 26, 2010 at 10:26 PM, Pid <p...@pidster.com> wrote:
> On 26/09/2010 19:57, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> On 26/09/2010 19:47, Wesley Acheson wrote:
>>> Which is really nice. Its a big noise but its a big noise once.
>>
>> Which persists in the file's history making diffs that span the format
>> change almost impossible to decipher. Small gradual changes is the
>> approach the project has taken to date.
>
> There's a lot of code in Tomcat that's been around for a long time.
>
> There's a few places where cosmetic changes would help readability, and
> plenty more when extensive/detailed commenting (by someone who
> understands what that code intends to do, and actually does) would help.
>
> I'd rather see that as a priority, than applying a common code style, in
> the foreseeable.

Understood. The reason I was thinking it was important is to try to
lower the bar. So to speak the easier you make it for people to
contribute the more likely you are to get contributions.

I also agree with Marks statement above I just didn't think of it at the time.

And yes that would be more helpful. Though I'm sure everyone just
helps in the way they can.

Wes