On 12/17/2011 07:55 PM, Mark Thomas wrote:
Personally, I am of the view "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". If there
was something we would gain by switching to Maven then I'd be interested
but given we have an established build process with Ant that a number of
committers are familiar with and that I'm not aware of any benefits of
moving to Maven then I don't see any compelling reason to switch.

Using Maven would allow us to remove build.properties.default and download task that information would go in pom.xml. We can cut Tomcat in module more easily. The other thing is that Maven seems a more active project that Ant so we new feature easy and most IDE allow to import Maven project in IDE workspace.

The problem of Maven is that we have to change the structure of our repository I think that the only problem.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic